I woke up this morning
In the usual way
Had breakfast with my family
And we rushed into our day
But this day seemed peculiar
By joe, what could it be?
If I was not mistaken
Something was calling me
Then it hit me on our way to school
It sounded like the call of the wild
Autumn visions of Arkansas
Were enough to make me smile
Today, you see, is October 1st
And if I were still back in Dodge
I would be out in the woods, sitting high in a tree
Wearing scent and full camoflauge
I can see myself standing high in the pines
Above my ladder stand's top rung
Drawing back by bow and arrow
On a monster “Pope and Young”
Alas, October Blues have come
I admit that I have a bad case
But the center of God’s will is where I want to be still
Being content in the desert place
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We've had some of those days too! We'll call ours the Sunday afternoon football blues!
Todd and Jenn
Post a Comment