A few weeks ago, I got the call. I was pumped. What a great opportunity to experience the desert outdoors, see some incredible birds in action, and spend time with my friend away from his work.
.

These birds are amazing. One by one they would take turns going after pigeons or - in one case a duck - that had been released before they were turned loose to go after their prey. They did not mess around - as you can see below.
.

.
I had a blast. More importantly, I feel like my friend and I had some great "male bonding." I must admit, when I was the only "gringo" in the group of about 10 locals all training their falcons, I had one of those "I can't believe I'm out here" kind of moments.
I couldn't help but smile. Jesus said, "Follow me, and I'll make you fishers of men." I'm starting to get the picture.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment